The Idaho Recreation and Park Association is a non-profit, professional organization founded in 1959 as the Idaho Recreation Society.
IRPA has over 200 members from municipal, county, state, and federal park and recreation agencies, private corporations, hospitals and institutions, colleges, commercial enterprises, commissions, and advisory boards.
IRPA is dedicated to the promotion, development, and improvement of each member through education, certification, networking and professional services such as media representation and publications.
Goals & Objectives
- Promote the meaningful benefits of Parks and Recreation whenever and wherever possible.
- Develop and maintain high standards of professional training, qualifications, and ethics.
- Stimulate communication, cooperation, and coordination between the various agencies (private, commercial, public, military, educational, and industrial) engaged in park and recreation services.
- Encourage study and research on matters of professional interest.
- Provide an organization through which information on statewide park and recreation activities can be channeled.
- Ensure that park and recreation issues are given high priority in local, state, and federal decision-making.
- Promote and improve park and recreation services in Idaho.
IRPA has many opportunities for you to become a leader and build your credentials in the leisure service industry:
- Serve on the IRPA Board of Directors
- Chair or serve on a Committee
- Present a seminar or workshop
- Write articles for the IRPA newsletter
- Help plan the annual spring conference
- Sponsor new members
- Share your experience and knowledge
For more information contact a representative in your area.